Hostile Army

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hostile Army

Hostile Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hostile Army

Latest topics

» MW3 callsign generator!!!
Activision Purchases blackops2.com EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:13 am by XoTiiKs

» ChaotikBeast
Activision Purchases blackops2.com EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 4:56 am by HxAO_AstroTartJones

» I want one!
Activision Purchases blackops2.com EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:45 pm by HxAO_AstroTartJones

» Codslaughter can i join
Activision Purchases blackops2.com EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 8:42 am by HxAO_AstroTartJones

» Activision Purchases blackops2.com
Activision Purchases blackops2.com EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 12:10 pm by hoosier

» New controller from mad catz
Activision Purchases blackops2.com EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 9:26 pm by MotherFucKinShocKtek

» DLC #1 video--
Activision Purchases blackops2.com EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:28 am by MotherFucKinShocKtek

» Turtle Beach PX5
Activision Purchases blackops2.com EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:49 pm by MotherFucKinShocKtek

» member announcement
Activision Purchases blackops2.com EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 2:47 am by HxAO_AstroTartJones

Bean Splitter

4 posters

Activision Purchases blackops2.com

HxAO_AstroTartJones
    HxAO_AstroTartJones
    Admin

Number of posts : 948
    Registration date : 2009-02-08

Activision Purchases blackops2.com Empty Activision Purchases blackops2.com

Post  HxAO_AstroTartJones Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:28 pm

Activision Purchases blackops2.com
    More hints towards Black Ops 2

Activision Purchases blackops2.com Atvi-registers-bo2-domain

With Activision's purchase of the domain name, blackops2.com, one might be able to surmise that a sequel to Treyarch's highly successful title is in the works.

That, or maybe it was to prevent the modernwarfare3.com debacle where a 3rd party used the domain as a means to advertise Battlefield 3.

According to Fusible, the domain name in question is owned by the company MarkMonitor, which purchases domains to protect certain brands, and in which Activision is one of the company's clients.

This is in line with speculation that Sledgehammer would be producing a new Call of Duty title, as it posted a job listing for a "Senior Online Engineer" in late December on the website Gamasutra. According to the listing, Sledgehammer is looking for:..

"[...] an exceptional online engineer to help bring our online experience to a new level. The candidate will be involved in the creation of multiplayer game modes and online community features for an unannounced high-end console title. We are actively recruiting top talent for our Call of Duty development team. If you are passionate and driven to do your best work, and have a desire to work on the most successful FPS franchise in the history of video games, please apply online."

It hasn't been confirmed if Sledgehammer will be working on the sequel to Black Ops, but with the acquisition of the domain and job listing being posted around the same time-frame, one can logically infer that these two notable events might very well be connected. That said, it's most likely that Treyarch will have full development control of any possible Black Ops sequel, and any other developer's involvement (including Sledgehammer's) will likely be very minimal.

On the other hand, the purchase of the domain can be viewed in a different light.

It should be noted that back in August, it was reported on Fusible that domain names for both the Modern Warfare and Black Ops series were purchased all the way up to 6, but blackops2.com was inexplicably missing from the fray. Whether that be due to issues with the acquisition of the specific domain name or other matters can only be surmised.

This can jive with the notion that maybe, blackops2.com was purchased not because a new title is in the works, but simply because of copyright protection. If you remember an earlier incident, modernwarfare3.com was purchased by fans of Battlefield 3, who used the domain as a means of advertising their preferred game. In response, Activision legally acquired the domain name under copyright grounds. Blackops2.com could have been under a third party until now, only to be purchased by Activision as a means of guarding it from someone else attempting to use the domain with malicious intent.

Regardless of why the blackops2.com was purchased, the Black Ops fan-base is a-buzz with hype.

Check back with Digital Warfare 24/7 for updates.
    MotherFucKinShocKtek
    MotherFucKinShocKtek
    Admin

Number of posts : 944
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Activision Purchases blackops2.com Empty Re: Activision Purchases blackops2.com

Post  MotherFucKinShocKtek Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:28 pm

christ i didnt think black ops was good. if anything i thought world at war was better.
    HxAO_AstroTartJones
    HxAO_AstroTartJones
    Admin

Number of posts : 948
    Registration date : 2009-02-08

Post  HxAO_AstroTartJones Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:12 am

MotherFucKinShocKtek wrote:christ i didnt think black ops was good. if anything i thought world at war was better.

LOL thats funny cause i still play W@W once and awhile.
    kkrusher
    kkrusher
    Admin

Number of posts : 890
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post  kkrusher Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:02 pm

what will the have 20 levels of prestiage... fucking gay... like Hoosier.
    hoosier
    hoosier
    Admin

Number of posts : 365
    Registration date : 2009-02-07

Post  hoosier Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:10 pm

I'm not gay, YOUR GAY, and so is Casualties.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:35 pm