Hostile Army

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hostile Army

Hostile Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hostile Army

Latest topics

» MW3 callsign generator!!!
You're still playing Call of Duty...why? EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:13 am by XoTiiKs

» ChaotikBeast
You're still playing Call of Duty...why? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 4:56 am by HxAO_AstroTartJones

» I want one!
You're still playing Call of Duty...why? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:45 pm by HxAO_AstroTartJones

» Codslaughter can i join
You're still playing Call of Duty...why? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 8:42 am by HxAO_AstroTartJones

» Activision Purchases blackops2.com
You're still playing Call of Duty...why? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 12:10 pm by hoosier

» New controller from mad catz
You're still playing Call of Duty...why? EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 9:26 pm by MotherFucKinShocKtek

» DLC #1 video--
You're still playing Call of Duty...why? EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:28 am by MotherFucKinShocKtek

» Turtle Beach PX5
You're still playing Call of Duty...why? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:49 pm by MotherFucKinShocKtek

» member announcement
You're still playing Call of Duty...why? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 2:47 am by HxAO_AstroTartJones

Bean Splitter

4 posters

You're still playing Call of Duty...why?

dominator7002
    dominator7002
    Rank 3 Forum Amatuer
    Rank 3 Forum Amatuer

Number of posts : 194
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

You're still playing Call of Duty...why? Empty You're still playing Call of Duty...why?

Post  dominator7002 Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:38 pm

http://www.ea.com/battlefield3/blog/bf3-12-minutes-of-gameplay
    Seriously, why are you still playing Call of Duty? Battlefield blows it out of the water.

Pros: No kids yelling at you.
    Better graphics.
    Better game play.
    Much more realistic (physics).
    Much more balanced (no overpowered weapons).
    Destructible cover (environments to be exact).
    No peer-to-peer connection bullshit. Dedicated servers across all platforms.
    Everything! (and this is just for Bad Company 2.)

Cons: You will suck at sniping at first until you learn how a bullet arcs. Aside from that, nothing.
    MotherFucKinShocKtek
    MotherFucKinShocKtek
    Admin

Number of posts : 944
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

You're still playing Call of Duty...why? Empty Re: You're still playing Call of Duty...why?

Post  MotherFucKinShocKtek Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:10 pm

wow that video was insane, i will definitely take a look at getting bf3.
    kurt_rambis
    kurt_rambis
    Rank 3 Forum Amatuer
    Rank 3 Forum Amatuer

Number of posts : 237
    Registration date : 2009-12-15

You're still playing Call of Duty...why? Empty Re: You're still playing Call of Duty...why?

Post  kurt_rambis Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:00 pm

dominator7002 wrote:http://www.ea.com/battlefield3/blog/bf3-12-minutes-of-gameplay
    Seriously, why are you still playing Call of Duty? Battlefield blows it out of the water.

Pros: No kids yelling at you.
    Better graphics.
    Better game play.
    Much more realistic (physics).
    Much more balanced (no overpowered weapons).
    Destructible cover (environments to be exact).
    No peer-to-peer connection bullshit. Dedicated servers across all platforms.
    Everything! (and this is just for Bad Company 2.)

Cons: You will suck at sniping at first until you learn how a bullet arcs. Aside from that, nothing.
    You know i get it, you don't like c.o.d. but don't put battlefield as the messiah bc2 is just as bad if not worse than cod. b.o. heres some more cons you forgot to bring up.
    CONS:
    turn and aim speed is retardedly slow. might not be a big deal for most but for people that play cod, turn your lookspeed all the way down and thats basically what it is all the way up.
    you cant go prone, although it looks from the video you can on this game or at least in single player.
    spawn camping is completely retarded on this game, now instead of worrying about a whole team camping me. i have to worry about some dickfuck in a tanks, copters, bradleys. and trucks thats probably one of the more major flaws.
    rooms don't refill fast enough
    MAJOR CON
    you cant talk to your entire team, if we as a big clan decide to play this game, i can only talk to 3 other people. thats complete shit and a major flaw.
    if bc3 fixes this. retract my statement. it looks promising.
    HxAO_AstroTartJones
    HxAO_AstroTartJones
    Admin

Number of posts : 948
    Registration date : 2009-02-08

Post  HxAO_AstroTartJones Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:38 pm

I do like the sniping and not having whiny ass little kids pissing you off, but i also hate the controls feels like slow motion to get the person to turn. If they could make it so that the game movement was more fluid i would trade in All of my CoDs for it. but they never will.
    dominator7002
    dominator7002
    Rank 3 Forum Amatuer
    Rank 3 Forum Amatuer

Post  dominator7002 Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:13 pm

Aiming and everything is purely preference, so what one person may find slow, another is perfectly fine with. So that isn't so much as a flaw, as it is just someone's personal preference.

There isn't much need to go prone either. You're generally always moving, and even if you're sniping or camping (which I find is also somewhat rare compared to Call of Duty), at the distance you should be at or tend to be at, it makes very little difference.

Also, I've never gotten spawned camped. I don't know what happened with you, but any match I've been in, it's never happened. Some well place Anti-Tank mines, C4, or anything else explosive takes care of tanks extremely well. And it's so much worse in Call of Duty, especially since they're so predictable and especially if someone gets a Chopper Gunner or Gunship. You know the retarded bullshit that happens on Nuketown cause some dude's camping up Killstreaks (any map really).

The room thing isn't much of a problem for me either, as I usually join rooms with a lot of people already in them, and if people start to leave, it refills pretty quickly.

However, I will agree that the limited amount of communication between Clan-Members and/or team-mates is a bit of a bummer. And, knifing is a bit of a hit-and-miss.

Not sure when you played the game either, cause if it was when it first came out, then of course it's going to have some problems.

But aside from that, I really do feel like it's just a better game overall. All the guns feel like they work as they should. Pistols are balanced and don't kill you from across the map in one shot. All the gun classes do what they should at their given range. Shotguns actually work. No one vehicle is overpowered. Blah blah blah.

The thing that I just can't stand about Call of Duty is the way the game gets treated, especially as of recent. It's just gets pushed out, glitches and issues rampant, a patch here and there, and some maps and that's about it. It's just a horrible way to treat a game. Not to mention the fact that the game gets produced on the XBox, then gets ported over to the PlayStation...which in itself isn't the problem. But when a company is playing favorites cause someone is waving money in their face, and one game on a certain console is suddenly far superior than the other same game, that, is complete bullshit. And I'm sure as hell not gonna buy a whole other console just to play one game.

I think it breaks down like this:

Call of Duty = Quantity. You get a ton of stuff to tinker with, but none of that stuff really adds much. It's pretty much the same stuff you been getting, just in a different package, with added stuff.

Battlefield = Quality. You get a little bit of stuff, but that stuff works, and it works very well. Then you get more stuff that compliments the stuff you already have. It's not a lot, but that stuff will last a while.
    kurt_rambis
    kurt_rambis
    Rank 3 Forum Amatuer
    Rank 3 Forum Amatuer

Number of posts : 237
    Registration date : 2009-12-15

Post  kurt_rambis Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:21 pm

youve never had that happen really? what modes did you play? i liked playing spawn points (domination) and i guess two of my problems were in one, we drop a guy or 2 then spawn camped till people leave, or take it. i dunno i had fun with it, but it was what it was i guess. like i said before im excited for 3 and if they fix at least some of the bullshit ill be happy. but i mean hey ill be more less playing socom more anyway now or for a while.
    dominator7002
    dominator7002
    Rank 3 Forum Amatuer
    Rank 3 Forum Amatuer

Post  dominator7002 Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:18 am

Domination? You mean Conquest? No, in either way, I ever recall it happening. I play Rush a lot; the one that's like Search and Destroy, only you have like, 4 pairs of bombs to destroy. But it still never happened when I did play Conquest, although I played it very few times compared to Rush - maybe like four or five times.

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 7:31 am

Lets not forget that they are way two diffident games. ones huge and take little planing to complete your goal the other is more fast pace... i like both games but its the mood that i need to be in more and dom they do have a gun that one shot u across the map and that the snipers rifle that has no scope movement which BF2 fail greatly in...also u can not go prone....really in what land of time u can not lay down ??? also the most of the explosives are very under powered its takes 4 shots to a helicopter with and rpg!!! now i can all go and diss both cod and BF but like i said there totally two different games... when it comes to fps games call of duty takes they cake ya they need to improve on it but they do with every game BF doesn't if u play BF1 and BF2 online there is very little they changed......

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 am